Thursday, September 29, 2011

Stargazing Observations 9/28/11

     During the stargaze on Wednesday night, I was able to see a lot more than I had anticipated.  While looking through the telescope I saw the globular cluster M13, which I thought was pretty amazing.  Another thing I enjoyed viewing with binoculars simply because I thought it was beautiful was the galaxy.  I never realized how many stars there actually are once you look with binoculars.  Perhaps most interesting, was the planet Jupiter.  Before taking astronomy I never knew that it was even possible to see planets from Earth, but when I actually paid attention, it was obvious that Jupiter was not just another star, I was surprised I never took the time to realize this before. Another thing I saw that was really cool was a satellite, I have probably seen these before, but just thought they were planes.  Needless to say, I will be trying to get out more often and look for interesting things in the sky because stargazing turned out to be very interesting and a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment